So for those who haven't heard - Australian brand "Wheels & Dollbaby" mentioned on their facebook page the other day that they have restocked the coveted Dita Von Teese cardigan!! It seems the only color restocked is the black with red stitching though. Here is a link to the cardigan listing. The peach cardigan is also still listed, but with out any sizes so I'm assuming it's sold out...
Anyhow, buying these cardigans can be a little intimidating so I wanted to make a video explaining the sizing and quality of these cardigans for anyone not living in Australia. I was really lucky to be able to purchase two of these cardigans before they sold out recently - one in black and one in red, and I learned a lot through the process of buying them.
Detailed information on the sizing
In the video I discuss information about the sizing, stretch, and what not. As mentioned, here is the size chart from Dita Von Teese's website:
Also discussed is how Wheels & Dollbaby recently changed the way their sizing is listed on the site (#'s 1-5 vs what I assume is standard AUS sizing). As far as I can tell, this is how the new sizing compares to US sizing and their old sizing:
US 4 - AUS 8 - W&D 1
US 6 - AUS 10 - W&D 2
US 8 - AUS 12 - W&D 3
US 10 - AUS 14 - W&D 4
US 12 - AUS 16 - W&D 5
Wheels & Dollbaby does seem to run "small" compared to typical US sizing. I usually wear a US small/US 4, but in this brand I definitely wear a US 6/AUS 10, and this particular cardigan runs even smaller than their typical clothing to give a sexy skin-tight look that Dita Von Teese often rocks. If you don't like an ultra tight fit, then go up 1 or 2 sizes.
Where to buy
- ASOS carries a small assortment of Wheels & Dollbaby, and often puts items on sale!
- Damsel in Distress in NYC - this is where I bought my red cardigan. They do not update their online store regularly though, so its better to check in person at their New York boutique.
- Of course, there is always Wheels & Dollbaby's official site
- And if you don't live in the US or Australia, then visit this link for additional shops
- These cardigans often appear on ebay too, and are usually in the 1-5 sizing. I've seen them in peach, light blue, back, red and baby pink... The older cardigans have a "dollbaby" logo tag on the back neck area, but thats the only difference from the ones released recently. So keep an eye out for a good deal! :)
Here is the look I'm wearing in the video. High waisted shorts - Forever 21, V neck top - local boutique, Sheer tights - Target, Slouchy motorcycle boots - Steve Madden, Purse - Betsey Johnson, Ring - Tarina Tarantino, and Purse Charm - Fluff.
The sweater provides moderate warmth when layered, and gives a very cute and unique look! I definitely recommend purchasing it if you are thinking about it! The item will sell out fast!
Hope this was helpful!
If you have any questions feel free to leave in the comment area!