It is such a wet and dreary day today in Atlanta! It's been very dark and raining non stop, which makes me super sleepy and a little out of it. To lift my spirits I thought I'd work on today's "Love Letter"! Here are all the things I'm enjoying right now:
- Pee Wee's Playhouse!!! Recently Chris surprised me after a nap with all of Pee Wee's playhouse on dvd and I have really been enjoying watching it! It was one of my favorite shows growing up and it still makes me giggle today. Now I really want to see Pee Wee on broadway! Fun fact: Did you know Cyndi Lauper sang the theme song? She was also one of my favorites growing up and I was lucky enough to see her live a few years ago for my birthday <3 She is fantastic!
- Not really a book but I'm on a major Evanna/Luna kick thanks to a blog post she wrote recently for the Harry Potter Alliance on what her boggart would be...the "Body bind":
“A few years ago I was haunted by destructive, negative thoughts like these. I used to get so angry and frustrated because I felt my mind didn’t match up with my body and that it prevented me from things I knew I was capable of doing. It took me a while to realise that all of this was an illusion. If I continued to abuse my body by giving in to my negative thoughts, I didn’t deserve to have the health and fitness I was blessed with.”
"We’re damn lucky to have our bodies, these strange, multi-functional machines, that let us leave our legacy on the planet."
— Evanna Lynch - Why the Body Bind is My Nightmare
Right on, Evanna! I really enjoyed her post and recommend you all read it - it is very positive and well written.
- New reads! I just got in the mail issues 1-3 of Skydoll & a few children's books - All "Little Golden books" and they were Tangled, Bolt and Up. I'm pretty excited to read all of these - Skydoll has been on my wish list for some time, and the little golden books have some great illustrators inside! I also recently read "Skydoll: Spaceship" which was interesting but I wish the stories had been a little bit longer.
My favs at the moment:
- Elvis Presley:
- iTunes radio of JAZZRADIO.com - Swing & Big Band
- Old Disney music that I grew up with:
- Jeremy Scott's Flintstones inspired collection - I'm a little late to discover this but whatever! I stumbled onto the designs last week when I was looking for info on the Ann-Margrock episode of the Flintstones (hah!) and have fallen in love. I really like how bold and cartoony cute everything is! When it gets warmer outside I'd love to make some dresses like these... and I really want to see if I can replicate those bone shoes! (As much as I'd like to buy a real pair and support the designer, it seems they are not only out of my budget but also not for sale anymore. Boo!) What do you think - super cute or totally wacky? I seem to always enjoy a little bit of both ;)
- Half Blood Prince costume design
Since I'm on a Luna Lovegood kick, I thought I'd share this neat clip where she is talking to the costume designer on Half Blood Prince! They discuss the making of Luna's Christmas dress and her jewelry.
- This video on "How to be alone" - really wonderful and actually good advice for when you are lonely:
- Viva La Juicy Perfume - I love this perfume... it smells exactly like Betsey Johnson's perfume that I wore a few years ago. I don't really need it since I already have perfume (Pink Sugar), but it's still a fun thought! The bottle is pretty darling too.
- Clothes clothes clothes - I'm having a major shopping lust right now...
- A nice toy cabinet and some fun things to put inside
- Super Sculpey so I can make little bones for shoes and to pin on dresses like the Jeremy Scott collection
- Seed beads for random crafts